Expectations for high-quality content are at an all-time high:
Research shows that 73% of consumers say one extraordinary digital experience raises their expectations of other companies to deliver a similar experience.
For marketers today, content is much like code. Publishing poor quality, inaccessible content is like pushing out code that hasn’t been proactively debugged. That’s where digital accessibility comes in. Creating content with quality and accessibility standards from the start enables marketers to avoid the unnecessary disconnect between content and conversion.
The cost to fix an error found after product release was four to five times as much as one uncovered during design, and up to 100 times more than one identified in the maintenance phase.
Siteimprove is an enterprise platform that turns content into revenue, has a new solution called Siteimprove Prepublish that offers content creation the same kind of quality controls found in software development, enabling teams to avoid costly post-release errors. This technology provides digital marketers with the data and insights needed to ensure error-free content, fully optimized for SEO and accessibility before content is published.
To deliver flawless content for digital marketing teams, the platform provides content creators and publishers with the data-driven insights needed to address the most pressing issues with existing content, and optimizing for inclusivity, quality, and search rankings of new content. More specifically, Prepublish offers:
- Automated accessibility checks to identify potential issues and gives actionable recommendations to keep content in line with accessibility guidelines and regulations.
- On-page SEO diagnostics to pinpoint where brands can finetune their content with best practice recommendations to make sure that their audiences can find their content.
- Content readability: Rid your site of hard to comprehend copy and match your visitors’ reading level by testing your content against one of seven internationally recognized readability tests.
- Misspelling checker: Scan your web content for embarrassing, trust-eroding spelling errors.
- Broken links checker: Identify and fix broken links in your content so your visitors don’t encounter experience-killing dead-ends.
- Brand guideline checks to instantly highlight any brand guideline blunders across content, documents, and media for a stronger brand presence.
These instant quality checks provide an immediate overview of errors, making them visible and easy to fix so that marketing teams can publish with confidence.
Customers, including Openreach, saw website traffic double and team efficiencies of 20% as a result of the platform. By using Prepublish, Openreach was able to catch mistakes and correct them before they’re ever seen by any of their visitors or search engine crawlers. As a result, the company was able to elevate their website experience for its users, setting a new benchmark for quality, content design, user experience, data-driven decision making, and digital marketing.
Enabling high quality and accessible content is a top priority for today’s digital marketers and our Prepublish solution is in a unique position to help achieve high levels of digital marketing success. Prepublish becomes a seamless part of a publisher’s workflow, helping marketers make a great first impression with their audience by delivering flawless content from the get-go. In turn, marketing teams are able to strengthen brand loyalty for the long-term through a positive user experience.”
Scott Nash, CPO of Siteimprove
Siteimprove’s range of integrations, plugins, and even an API integrate with your workflow for greater efficiency, enhanced insights, and silo-busting. Siteimprove connects integrates seamlessly with more than 40 industry-leading solutions in the following areas:
- Content management (CMS)
- Business intelligence
- Marketing automation
- Task management